Free update for the owners of previous Seline!
Seline 2.0 Ultimate is based upon the award-winning concept of the original Seline HD, but is so much better in every way.
“…Gorgeous, futuristic music making app… one of the most ambitious apps I’ve seen on the iPad, period.” – Gizmodo
Absolutely new app
The application has evolved from the “concept” to the “real workhorse” level and is now a very powerful musical tool, for instant production of tons of first-class musical ideas. The melodies can now be recorded to .WAV/.M4A and MIDI simultaneously. Hardware, virtual, wireless MIDI in/out, as well as Audio Copy/Paste are fully supported. There are 30 built-in instruments, 6 drones, 8 drumloops, and more downloadable content is available through the built-in app SHOP.
Seline is a great live performance and improvisation music instrument that will keep you playing for hours, even if you haven’t touched any music instrument before. The sound is altered on the fly with a dozen of subtle AI algorhythms that add unbelievable expression, character and life to your music. Drones (chorded synth pads) are generated on-the-fly based on the complex analysis of your melody line and provide an excellent background layer for your melody.
Ergonomically designed for iPad
Seline features a completely new, ergonomically designed (finally!) playing surface called ioGrid, suitable for players with all hand sizes. The melodies are played with two hands, while keeping the iPad on the knees or on the table. Fully adjustable 16-note scale is divided into 2 parts (odd and even), which are then mapped on the left and right grids. Such way of note mapping is beneficial to the existing linear scale mapping solutions as it allows many more improvisation possibilities. And, of course, the player is never out of tune.
The completely redesigned, realistic-looking interface called ioGrid 2.0 brings many improvements to the original ioGrid. The white keys now represent the opposite part of the scale, thus all the scale is available for performance using only one hand. The variable-length note-to-note pitch slides are performed just by sliding between the yellow and the white keys with different speed. Resting your palm on the “pads” at the bottom of the screen allows to pitch-bend each note as on a regular controller.
Seline player is equipped with full range of recording possibilities, including direct recording to .wav files, deleting, doubling tracks. Overdubbing (layering tracks) is possible and encouraged, since it is an excellent way to create complex orchestrations. Two available onboard FX – grand stereo reverb and dub delay – are the finishing touch in the creation of the magical, delicate sonic heaven.
Features at a glance:
- Advanced CrystalClarity HD sound engine
- ioGrid 2.0 – ergonomically designed playing surface
- Easy note-to-note pitch bends and velocity/filter controls
- Playing expressive, soulful melodies has never been so easy before
- 30 factory instruments, 6 drones, 8 drumloops
- Automatic backing track – drones (chorded pads) generation
- Support of playing drumloops for overdubbing or just having fun
- Instant transposition controls, A/B setup switching
- 4 FX: Grand Stereo Reverb, Dub Delay , Lush Chorus, Grit Crusher
- MeloDist – Advanced “singing distortion” feature
- 30 included scales + custom scale creation
- Record to .WAV/.M4A/MIDI, overdub, file manager
- Find your recorded files in iTunes / Apps / Seline Ultimate page
- Full MIDI compatibility (Record to file/Hardware/Virtual)
If you like this app, see MINT.io for iPad! Now you can make INSTANT electronic music!
Jump to Forum